7/16/2005

Happy Birthday Buford!


Well folks, it has been quite a while since anything has been posted here (sorry) but I think it fitting to trumpet the fact that today is BUFORD'S Birthday!

Other famous birthdays today include Barry Sanders (1968), Will Ferrell (1967), Mickey Rourke (1957), Ginger Rogers (1911), and Barbara Stanwyck (1907) but all pale in comparison to Buford T. Porcupine (aka Todd Michael Katke).

I have known Todd since grade school (4th grade - a long, long, long time ago) and I feel so very fortunate to be able to call Todd my friend, my brother. Though the physical distance between us is vast, I can, with great pride, call Todd my best friend.

Have a Happy Birthday Todd.....I mean, Buford. Love ya buddy.

( This photo from years ago, when Buford was good looking. :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what's Todd up to. Is he still doing art shows?

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, what is Todd up to? Years ago (about 20 I think) I know he found God. Does he still pursue that relationship?

Does he have a family?

12:29 PM  
Blogger Buford said...

Well currently Todd is living out his dream ,living in alaska, and shooting up a storm on alot of alaska subjects. Yes I wish I was stil doing shows, I miss talking with you all and sharing the stories. And I suppose I might get back into it at some point in time, but for now building my files and getting pictures to market, along with alot of travel up here to alot of different adventures.

As far as the other question, well what can Say, Have had alot of talks and arguments with the man up stairs. Though he sent me on this mission to alaska. I suppose I will find my answers along the way in my lifetime. I truely believe I am out there in all of gods splendor, all his amazements and good works , so I believe I am doing what god has intended for me to do, a disciple of nature. Go fourth and photograph everything that you come across. Take your adventures and make them teachings to others , we are all care takers of this world, it is through your pictures that you will send a message to all, to care for the world around them and respect all of nature and the wildlife to share with future generations to come.

amen

Todd Michael Katke

10:15 PM  
Blogger Buford said...

Oh Yes , on the Family ? only my brothers! I guess it wasnt in the cards for me to have childeren.

And to my good brother Dave for making it all happen! For the many miles we are apart, the many smiles we ve missed of each other, to the crazy situations Buford finds and gets himself into, I love you with all my heart and miss you dearly! Thank you!
TMK

10:23 PM  
Blogger Buford said...

Hello all out there stopping in for a look around. Just in from Hatchers Pass, quickley becomming our second home up there. just thought I would share something new with you all.
If you got a spare moment, take a look at this website. Called CTadventures. you can locate it by the following: www.ctadventures.net
Its still in the building process sooo bare with us the best is yet to come.! Talk to yous soon.

Buford

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home